Learn how to draft and sew the Denim Skirt to your measurements through our digital workshop.
Features of the denim skirt:
- Straight waistband
- Snap button closure or jeans button with machined buttonhole.
- Front fly opening
- Two front round/ J pockets with french seam finishing for pocket bags
- A yoke for better fit
- Two back patch pockets
- Center back slit for easy movement
- H-Silhouette - side seams are straight but will appear tapered when worn
- Finished with serged closed seams with topstitching
What you will learn:
- Take your measurements
- Draft the basic skirt block that gives smooth sides curve
- Draft the style line
- Dart manipulation from basic skirt block to ensure good fits
- Block to pattern conversion
- Fabric Layout
- Construction of the skirt (including how to attach the front fly zipper)
Mastering some of the skills above will provide you a good foundation to move on to more challenging project like sewing jeans subsequently.
You will also receive a customised calculator document to facilitate with your drafting.
Our detailed video tutorials will take you through the entire process, from drafting the basic block, converting it to pattern, fabric layout to sewing the skirt. You can also reach out to us on the digital workshop site if you have any queries. So, don't wait anymore, give it a try, and make your own customised skirt today!
Upon signing up, you will receive the drafting calculator and info sheet on what's needed. The link to the video tutorials will be sent to you separately. Please join us as a member of our community here (click on "Join the Community", it's free!) in order for us to provide your access rights to the video tutorials. Thanks!